Melamine cabinets are a hotspot in the cabinet market in recent years. With good product quality and personalized cabinet design, it has a very good sales market. This article will give you a specific introduction to double-veneer cabinets, what is melamine cabinets? What are the advantages of melamine cabinets?
1. What is melamine board
It is formed by bonding the substrate and the surface. Due to the fire-resistant, wear-resistant, and waterproof soaking treatment, the use effect is the same as that of the composite wood floor. The full name is melamine impregnated adhesive film paper veneer wood-based panel. If the paper is different in color or texture, it is first saturated with a melamine resin binder, then dried to a certain degree of curing, and then placed in particleboard, plywood, or other hardwood fiberboard surfaces, Decorative board made by hot pressing. The double-veneer cabinet made of it has outstanding performance, delicate decoration, impact-resistant, scratch-resistant, and economical structure of the double-veneer, which has attracted many consumers.
2. The structure of melamine board
The melamine panel is composed of a surface layer, a decorative layer, a cover layer, and a bottom layer. Its surface layer is the top layer of the panel, which can play a good role in protecting the panel. It has a high degree of transparency and good anti-skid resistance. Grinding, beautiful, and clean appearance. Its decorative layer is an important part of the decorative panel, it is a beautiful layer that can show the double veneer panel, and it is the most important layer as a decorative surface. The cover layer below is made of titanium dioxide paper, which can effectively prevent the phenolic resin of the bottom layer from infiltrating the surface. The bottom layer of the melamine panel is the base material of the decorative board, which is to play a good role in making.
3. Features of Double Finish Cabinets
Through the impregnation of melamine, the hardness of the double-veneer panel is improved, the impact resistance is stronger, the anti-collision performance is also improved, and it is fire-resistant and temperature-resistant. Moreover, this material has a beautiful appearance, and the frame and double decorative panels can be freely adjusted, highlighting the trend and characteristics. The overall impression of the double-veneer cabinet is simple and generous, and the edge strips of the same color are deployed to visually integrate the entire cabinet into one, which can be matched with all kinds of kitchens, which is convenient and useful.
4. Uses of melamine panels
Melamine panels are generally used in some panel furniture and cabinets, and some melamine panels are also used as a particularly good decorative material. Relying on their high-quality appearance, many patterns and colors can be added to the surface, so melamine panels are also a good decorative material.
5. The advantages of melamine cabinets
1. The melamine cabinet particleboard base material has strong nail holding force, strong compression resistance, strong deformation resistance, and good load-bearing capacity.
2. The melamine board is very environmentally friendly, because the special process of the double-veneer panel determines that its glue consumption is less than that of the MDF and the large core board.
3. Simple and elegant, with the same color edge banding, it visually integrates the entire cabinet, which can be matched with all kinds of kitchens, convenient and practical.
4. The surface texture is clear, the color fastness is good, the color is vivid, bright and smooth, stable and wear-resistant, which can reduce the damage to the cabinet surface caused by bumps, and also has corrosion resistance and pollution resistance, which can resist the erosion of some kitchen detergents and stains.
5. The melamine cabinets are resistant to high temperature and can withstand the effects of high temperature caused by cooking with kitchen stoves.
6. How to buy melamine
1. Environmental Standards
Melamine board can be divided into E0 grade, E1 grade and E2 grade according to its free formaldehyde content. E2-grade formaldehyde emission is ≤5mg/L; E1-grade formaldehyde emission is ≤1.5mg/L, which can be directly used for interior decoration; E0-grade formaldehyde emission is ≤0.5mg/L. When consumers buy decorative panels, they should try to buy products with low formaldehyde emission, which are safer.
2. No obvious flaws on the surface: The surface of the high-quality decorative panel should be smooth, the texture is natural and smooth, the color is uniform, and there is no local black and yellow phenomenon.
3. The adhesive layer has stable bonding and no glue opening: pay attention to check whether there is glue opening, bulging or delamination between the decorative surface of the surface layer and the base board, and between the layers in the base board.
4. Appearance inspection: The decorative board is used to decorate the surface. The color, chromatic aberration, pattern arrangement of the surface texture, and the fineness of the material directly affect the decorative effect to some extent.
Therefore, you must pay attention to this aspect when purchasing. Whether the color and texture are clear and natural, whether there are stains, scratches, indentations, pores, whether the color gloss is uniform, whether there is bubbling, local cracking or defects.
5. Natural boards have free and unique aesthetics and strong plasticity, providing designers with a broad space for creativity. They create fantasy shapes based on the inherent textures, tree knots, thorns, and other natural patterns of natural boards. Therefore, the veneer made of natural plates is favored by many people, and the price is relatively expensive.
6. It is suitable for modern and simple home decoration style, with general lighting or very good kitchen, because the matte panel has a slightly weaker reflective effect than the bright surface. Generally, you need to choose light-colored door panels for lighting, and you can choose if the lighting is good. Families who often cook can choose this panel, which has a lot of oil smoke and many operations, and the panel is resistant to pollution, scrubbing, scratches, and is durable.
7. Cabinet Maintenance Tips
1. Avoid the water on the table to flow down and soak into the door panel.
2. If the door hinges and handles are loose and have abnormal noises, they should be adjusted in time, or the manufacturer should be notified for maintenance.
3. Solid wood door panels can be cleaned and maintained with furniture water wax. The crystal door panel can be wiped with a flannel dampened with warm water or neutral detergent.
4. The bearing capacity of the upper cabinet is generally lower than that of the lower cabinet, so the upper cabinet is suitable for placing light items, and the heavy items are best placed in the lower cabinet.
5. The utensils placed in the cabinet should be cleaned before putting them in. Special attention should be paid to drying the utensils.
6. Wipe the hardware in the cabinet with a dry cloth to avoid water marks on the surface caused by water droplets.
7. The water tank of the cooking table can cover the inner filter box with filaments in advance to prevent vegetable chips and small residues from blocking the water pipe.
8. Double finish cabinet effect
Light-colored melamine cabinets are simple and elegant and belong to the modern style. Many families choose to match the white cabinet countertops to visually integrate the entire cabinet, which is very beautiful.
The surface of the melamine cabinet has clear texture, good color fastness, realistic color, and very good practicability.
All of the above is about the characteristics of melamine cabinets and other aspects. Good cabinets can be used for a long time, and it is also very important to choose the right materials. George Cabinet hopes this article can help you understand the performance and advantages of melamine cabinets, thank you for reading.