The kitchen is a very important part of home decoration. After all, three meals a day are inseparable from the kitchen, and buying cabinets has become a headache for many people, because the quality of the cabinet countertops directly determines the comfort of cooking, Good-looking cabinet countertops can directly improve the grade of the entire kitchen. The price, wear resistance and decorative effect of countertops of different materials are different. The maintenance and cleaning of the cabinet can also affect the durability of the cabinet. So, how to choose the cabinet countertop? How should the cabinets be maintained and cleaned? The following content will help you answer these questions.
1. Material selection for cabinet countertops
1) Quartz stone countertops
Quartz slate is made by pulverizing high-quality natural quartz sand first, then purifying, and then mixing raw materials. Quartz crystals (90%-94%), resins (6%) and trace pigments are passed through under vacuum conditions. Heterogeneous polymerization technology is used to make large-scale plates, and then the surface is polished and polished by more than 30 processes.
Up to 93% of the quartz crystal is the main structure, so that the quartz stone tabletop retains the quartz crystal background, and its texture is harder and tighter. Quartz stone tabletop has worn resistance, pressure resistance, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, anti- Penetration and other characteristics. The rich combination of colors gives quartz stone tabletop the texture of natural stone and a beautiful surface finish.
1), not easy to scratch
Quartz stone countertops are very hard due to being compressed and extruded by vacuum vibration.
2), extremely high temperature resistance, no burns
Because quartz is resistant to high temperature, resin is not resistant to high temperature.
3), the real stone feeling:
Because quartz stone contains 93% of quartz stone crystals, it feels very similar to stone, and quartz stone combines the advantages of natural stone and artificial acrylic. Therefore, from the perspective of color, it is richer than the real stone color, and there is almost no color difference.
4), strong anti-pollution, not easy to penetrate stains.
Quartz stone countertops have undergone dozens of complex surface treatments, so the surface structure is extremely tight, the product is fine and non-porous, and the water absorption rate is almost zero; oil, sauce, tea, juice, coffee, acid, alkali used in general kitchens It is impossible for other substances to penetrate, so it is extremely resistant to stains.
The surface layer of the quartz stone countertop and the interior of the material are equally dense and uniform, without pores and gaps, and with a certain amount of built-in antibiotics, it prevents the growth of bacteria, is safe and clean, and can be in direct contact with food and skin, which is beneficial to food hygiene and human health.
3. Stainless steel countertop
The stainless-steel countertop is bright, clean, and bright, with excellent performance. Nice style. Add another layer of stainless steel on the surface of the high-density fireproof board. It is relatively sturdy, easy to clean, practical, and has good antibacterial properties.
Advantages of stainless-steel countertops
1) The integrity is good, the front and rear water blocking, and the countertop and the water basin can be made into one, which looks neat and beautiful, and the most important thing is that there will never be a problem of penetration.
2) The oil stains on the surface are easy to clean, with good firmness and high applicability.
3) It can be used for a long time, and the style is durable and not out of date.
4. Slate countertops
Slate is made of inorganic clay, natural stone, and other materials through high temperature, pressing and other processes. Processing operations such as cutting, grinding, and drilling can be performed.
The advantages of slate countertops
1) Health and hygiene
The slate itself is made of natural stone and inorganic clay, which means it is non-toxic and harmless, and food can be placed directly on the slate countertop without worrying about environmental protection, health, and other issues.
2) Fire and high temperature resistance
Many people use slate as a kitchen countertop, because it is pressed at high temperature, has good high temperature resistance, and its material is fireproof. As a cabinet countertop, it will not be affected by the high temperature of the stove, and There will be no shrinkage, cracking, discoloration, and other problems.
The stain resistance of slate is also very good, the structure is dense, basically no space for moisture, stains, oil stains to penetrate, it is very easy to clean, and it will not breed bacteria, it is very useful in kitchens, bathrooms, and other spaces good performance.
The texture of the slate itself is very diverse, and it can be customized according to the preferences of different people and changes in decoration styles. Not only does the decorative performance meet the needs of most people, but its service life is relatively long.
5. Fireproof board table
The fireproof board is made of siliceous or calcareous materials as the main raw material, and then adds a certain proportion of fiber materials, lightweight aggregates, adhesives, and chemical additives, and is made by high-temperature autoclave. It not only has high fire resistance, but also is waterproof and moisture-proof, and has a beautiful appearance.
Advantages of fire board countertops
1) Bright colors and various forms. Fireproof board countertops are available in various colors and edge-sealing forms. Metal edging and wood edging have their own characteristics. They are fashionable and stylish, giving users a larger space for independent choices.
2) Fire-resistant and flame-retardant. The fireproof board countertop will not burn through multiple processes and will not produce harmful gases under high temperature conditions. At the same time, a certain proportion of concrete is mixed in the processing process, and the thermal conductivity is low, which can effectively resist the combustion of fire.
3) The fireproof board table has a long service life. Fireproof board countertops are covered with MDF and other fireproof boards, which are hard in texture and not easy to age.
The above are the five materials for cabinet countertops, you can choose according to your needs. If you buy a good cabinet, to use it for a long time, it is of course inseparable from maintenance and cleaning. Attention should be paid to the cabinet, cabinet door, and hardware accessories inside. It will be more troublesome to clean after sticking to the oil stains. Here’s how to maintain and clean your cabinets.
2. How to maintain and clean the cabinets
1. Maintenance method of cabinet door
- Do not let the water on the table flow down and soak into the door panel, otherwise it will be deformed after a long time.
- If the door hinges and handles are loose and have abnormal noises, they should be adjusted in time, or the manufacturer should be notified for maintenance.
- When cleaning the cabinet door, it is not advisable to use steel balls and other hard items to wipe it, and you should know the material of the cabinet before cleaning. If it is a paint type door, you cannot use soluble cleaners. If it is a painted cabinet door You need to use a finer quality cleaning cloth and detergent to wipe it to avoid scratches from contact with sharp objects.
2. Cabinet door cleaning
- Do not use soluble cleaners for painted door panels.
- All toluene-based solvents and resin-based solvents should not be used as panel cleaners.
3. Maintenance of cabinets
- The bearing capacity of the upper cabinet is generally not as high as that of the lower cabinet. Therefore, the upper cabinet is suitable for placing light items, such as seasoning jars and glasses, and it is best not to place heavy items.
- The utensils placed in the cabinet should be cleaned before putting them in. Special attention should be paid to drying the utensils.
- Wipe the hardware in the cabinet with a dry cloth to avoid water marks on the surface caused by water droplets.
4. Cabinet cabinet cleaning
- When appropriate, open the cabinet door for proper ventilation to eliminate the odor in the cabinet. At the same time, it is necessary to check the surrounding of the cabinet to see if there is any damage, and it should be developed and repaired in time.
- Outside the cabinet, pay attention to the gaps such as handles and pull buttons exposed on the outside, as well as the gaps between drawers, door panels and the cabinet. It is necessary to scrub frequently. You can wipe it with a soft cloth dipped in detergent.
- In the process of using water, avoid leaving water on the cabinet for a long time, especially the easy-to-dye liquids such as tea and coffee, which should be cleaned up in time. Because no matter any material, long-term waterlogging will reduce its service life.
5. Cabinet countertop maintenance
- The hot pot and kettle should be avoided to directly contact with the cabinet, and it is best to place it on the stove.
- During operation, try to avoid hitting the tabletop and door panel with sharp objects to avoid scratches. No matter what kind of countertop you choose, you should cut vegetables on the cutting board to prepare food, in addition to avoiding knife marks, it can also achieve better cleaning and hygiene.
- The countertops made of general materials have air bubbles and gaps. If colored liquid penetrates them, it will cause stains or discoloration. Therefore, you should avoid placing dyes or hair dyes directly on the countertops.
- The corrosion of chemical substances is not allowed for many materials. For example, stainless steel countertops may rust if they are stained with salt, so you should avoid placing items such as soy sauce bottles directly on the countertops.
6. Countertop cleaning
- For the countertops made of artificial stone and stainless steel, when cleaning, do not use hard cloth, steel balls, chemical preparations, etc. to wipe, but use a soft towel dipped in water or wipe with brightener, otherwise, it will be damaged. Brings scratches, scratches, or erosion to the countertops.
- For natural stone countertops, you can use a soft scouring pad and detergent to wipe, but not toluene-based cleaners, otherwise it will be difficult to remove the white spots.
- For the cabinet countertops made of fireproof board, you can use a nylon brush or nylon ball to dip an appropriate amount of detergent to clean it, and then wipe it with a damp hot cloth.
- For cabinet countertops made of logs, when cleaning the countertops made of logs, you must first remove the dust. You can use a duster to remove the dust, and then wipe it with a dry soft cloth. Remember, never use a wet rag or oil. class of cleaning products.
In addition, keep the sewer unobstructed to prevent blockage. When the inner pipeline leaks, it should be dealt with in time. It is best to ask professional leak repair personnel to repair it. Pay attention to the service life of hoses and sealing materials. If problems occur, they should be replaced in time. The overall cabinet is cleaned and maintained. It is the key to maintaining the beauty of the kitchen. The cleaning and maintenance of the overall cabinet requires a lot of skills. I hope the above content can help you clean the overall cabinet of your home.
So, the above is an introduction to the materials of the cabinet countertops, as well as the maintenance and cleaning methods of the cabinets. George hopes this article will be helpful to you. If you have any purchase needs, you are welcome to contact George. George is your most sincere partner. thanks for reading.